Background

Saturday, July 11, 2009

We have internet!

Sorry it has taken me so long to write...we didn't have the Internet at our new place.

Many things have happened since I last wrote, so I'll try to catch everyone up!


1. We found a place to live. This is really big news. I love it! It has two bathrooms, one and a half baths, and a full basement. We have a dishwasher, tons of counter space (room for my kitchen aide!!), and a washer and dryer. I feel like I have a real house! It's only a townhome, but is still awesome!

2. I made it past first cuts for one job, and got another job interview for next week.

3. I'm actually decorating the apartment. I've put two things up on the walls, and plan to do much more. However, I'm having a hard time finding studs....

4. Mike was sick, but is starting to feel better

5. Matthew (Mike's brother) is visiting, and we went to a really cool ice cream place last night called WHIPPY DIP!!

6. We got the Internet. This was really big for us. I didn't realize how disconnected I would feel without the internet! It also makes it hard to find a job.


I have a funny story to tell. So we were staying with a family, the Keiths, while we were looking for an apartment. The Keiths were wonderful to put us up for a week. The Keiths have three children, Gracie (4), Sammy (2), and Benson (8months). One day Mike was using the restroom, minding his own business. Gracie liked to follow us around, so Mike made sure to lock the restroom door. He heard Gracie come up to the door and try to open it, but didn't worry because he knew he had locked it. The next second, Gracie was in the bathroom, talking to Mike. She asked him why he was standing up, and why couldn't he sit down like everyone else? Mike was so embarrassed. We found out later that the lock on the door was broken. SO FUNNY!!!


Well, I think that that is it for the week! I'm going to post pictures today (hopefully) of the apartment. I have already given a couple of skype tours, so if anyone wants one, just let me know :)


There is a terrible thunderstorm outside right now. I may get struck by lightening...or washed away....

No comments:

Post a Comment