Background

Monday, August 17, 2009

WAY Too Long

I know...I'm awful at this posting thing. Oh Well :)
So not much has happened since I last posted, except that my parents came to town! We had an awesome time! They arrived last Monday. Mike took us on a tour of his school, so they could see where he is all day!
While they were here, we were able to go to Kirtland. It was really cool to be in places where the Savior has come to visit. It was neat to see the Temple, even though the spirit wasn't felt as strong there.
I think I probably gained 10 pounds because of all the meat we ate while my parents were here. We went to Smokey Bones BBQ for my birthday, had pulled pork sandwiches for lunch the next day, and had texas roadhouse that night! It was heaven!! We also took my parents to Whippy Dip. My mom got the craziest ice cream thing ever! It had snickers, bananas, and something else in it. I think there were more mix-ins than ice cream. It tasted very good though!!
We decorated my apartment finally! We put up lots of pictures, and got an entryway table and two small bookshelves. My apartment has started to feel like a real home! I love it!

So Mike has had his eyes opened this past week with medical school. He thought he was going to fail a big quiz, and had a minor freak out. However, because he is such a great student and only needs a little more confidence in himself, he got a B! The average for the quiz was an F, so he did awesome!! I am so proud of him! I don't see him much anymore, but we workout almost everyday together, so that is nice. He also took me out to a movie in celebration of my birthday on Saturday. We saw The Time Travelers Wife.

Well, right now I am preparing for school to start. It starts in 2 weeks! and I've barely started preparing, so this week is crunch time because next week is full of meetings!

I will post pictures of the changes to the apartment today!

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad that I made it on your blog! It is so much fun to read what you write! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassidy, you are such a wonderful wife to my son. i love you and think you are the best. Enjoy your last few weeks of sleeping in. Can't wait to see the new and improved apartment. Love you, K

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are really excited to see you two, and the newly decorated apartment. : ) Michael will get better about the freak outs, it just takes some time. After a year I think Mark was doing fairly decent. Ha ha. What did you think of the movie?
    Britany

    ReplyDelete
  4. The movie was okay. I don't know why I didn't love it...You'll just have to go see it:)

    ReplyDelete