Background

Friday, July 26, 2013

Settling In

So now that Mike has started working, it's time to adjust to him being gone...and boy it's tough! He works 12-hr shifts. When he's working days, he gets home about 7:30, and is so tired he has to try not to fall asleep until his bedtime, which is now 9:30! He can barely make it! So basically, I am on my own! This is usually what Mike is doing when he's at home :-)


With Mike not eating dinner at home when he's working, I'm trying out more new recipes. This is a pad thai recipe I tried...thank you Pinterest and Karlie!


I finally broke down and bought a seat for Luke to eat in. I think he enjoys the box more! Oh, and I tried introducing chicken (in pureed form of course) to Luke, and he HATED IT! In fact, he gagged himself a little while after I forced a spoonful down his mouth until he threw it up!


Luke's happiest place in the WORLD is outside! So, when there is shade, we always end up on a blanket in the backyard. He could probably lay out there for hours and be totally content! And that is a miracle, because content is not usually a word I would use to describe my wonderful son!




We've had some pretty impressive (at least to me, I'm sure they won't seem so impressive after I make it through next tornado season) thunderstorms! Sadly, they've been at 6 am, so instead of enjoying them, I'm sitting in bed praying that they don't wake up Luke! One did, and boy I was angry! :-) Oh well!!

2 comments:

  1. Cody is about to start a crazy rotation tomorrow so I'm sure he will be doing the same thing mike is doing at home, sleeping as much as possible. Poor guys. Luke is getting so big! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smitty is now on nights, I see a lot of grumpy meads in the future. And I am totally feeling like a single mom. Pureed chicken is the worst baby meat food. Beef and ham were a breeze

    ReplyDelete